- are clear fluid sacs that work as storage areas for food, minerals, and waste.
- Within plant cell the vacuoles are large as well as mostly filled up with water. This provides the plant support.
Protoplasm inside the nucleus.
Consists of genetic material ---> CHROMOSOMES (DNA)
Nucleolus is situated in the nucleus.
Contains more genetic information (RNA)
Cell Membrane |
The outer boundary of the cell.
This separates the cell from other cells.
|Cell Wall (Plant Cells Only ) |
nonliving structure which surrounds the plant cell.
Protects + supports the cell.
Large Oval body nearby the centre with the cell.
Surrounded by the nuclear membrane.
Cell material away from nucleus but within the cell membrane.
Clear thicker fluid.
- Power house with the cell.
- Center of respiration of the cell.
- includes a green pigment known as chlorophyll which is important
- Tiny spherical bodies which help make proteins.
- found in the cytoplasm or attached to the endoplasmic
- Systems of membranes through the cytoplasm.
- This connects the nuclear membrane towards the cell
- Tube like structures which have tiny sacs at their ends.
- They help package protein.
- “suicide sacs”
- Small structures which contain enzymes that are used in
Organelles and their Functions
The cell Membrane Contains/defines the limit of the cell.
Controls just what passes through.
Cytoplasm Keeps organelles in their place- provides
Nucleus Contains DNA (genetic material)- manage center
Nucleolus Cellular reproduction
Nuclear Membrane Contains nucleus- controls what passes
Mitochondrion (plural- mitochondria) Provides energy towards
the cell (respiration)
Ribosomes Site of protein synthesis
Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum Canal network- message
Spicuoles Structure, shape, framework
Lysosome Self destruction
Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum Canal network- message
Centrioles Cellular reproduction
Golgi Bodies Packaging as well as delivering molecules.
Function in Animal Cell
The cell membrane regulates the entrance as well as exit of
substances hence maintaining internal balance. It also protects the inner cell
through damage helping a cell to absorb molecules by engulfing them. It
includes a lipid bilayer with embedded proteins.
The function with the cell membrane is always to function as
a barrier from inside of the cell to the outside of the cell. This enables the
chemical properties being different on either side
To supply hormones. The cell
membrane maintains out unwanted particles from the cell. Membrane gives protection,
shape as well as size, rigidity etc. towards the cell.